Back home again for a week

Holla! Back home in Albuquerque for one week, then I hit the road for 3 weeks of business travel with the hubby.

LOTS to catch up on, so be patient with me! Mostly I’m going to write about our adventures on our land on my other blog, Three Blackbirds, so I’ll give you a link for that throughout the week, OK? I need a few days to update and post pictures.

Wow. I worked my butt off this past week. We achieved about 1/3 + of the fence posts on our 5 acres and purchased a cabin which will be delivered to the property in 4 weeks, so we made HUGE headway.

However. I was NOT able to run except for a few miles on Saturday. Because if I had, I think I would have died, because I’m quite sure I’ve never worked so hard in all my life just with the putting in of a fence, and walking across the 5 acres about 40,000 times a day to pick up forgotten post hold diggers and shovels and what not.

You know that thing about how we all used to work hard and live on farms and all? Well, for the most part, we DON’T now, so we must exercise. I’m here to tell you that if you’re doing “farm work” there isn’t really much of a need to “exercise”. I exercised to the tune of 4+ hours every single day. I think I’m all good on the exercise front, though I wasn’t able to run AND work my behind off, so I think this week will be a little bit of a challenge in getting back into my running program.

Honestly, the running will be a piece of cake, compared to slamming the heavy post hole thingy tool up and down 50 times per post with my husband. Tired? You don’t know from tired until you’ve done that hellacious job.

I continued to eat really well, though later this week, you need to read my other blog because it’s really quite funny how we degenerated within 2 days of camping out. I tracked my calories and all. I was burning off at LEAST 1000 calories a day, so I didn’t worry much when we sometimes went into the blessed town and ate at a REAL restaurant.

I’m up like 2-3 pounds but I don’t think they’re real pounds. I think they’re more salt, from the fancy food we had. By fancy, I mean, someone else made it. I figure I’ll be back down to 191 in a day or two.

I’m going to go ahead and change my goal up to just get down to 183….a 100 pound loss…and then I’m going to stop losing for 2011. That will be a 35 pound loss just in this past 6 months. I’m all good with that. Ultimately I want to get to 178, but I’ve decided not to keep pursuing that like a blood hound. I’m going to spend the next 10 weeks or so, actively working at a pound or two loss a week and then I’m done until November of 2011.

November to February of each year, I don’t have to travel. I get to stay home in New Mexico and really focus on me and my health and fitness. I think that last 10 pounds can wait until then. Yes, I know that other people might want to keep pushing until they lose every single pound. Meh. I don’t care. I don’t mind taking my time. I get weary focusing on all the weight stuff and I need a break sometimes. So for my sanity, I’m just heading for 183 and then I’m taking a maintenance break for the rest of 2011.

We have BIG plans for our property and our retirement. I think I’m going to be pretty darned busy the rest of this year. I’m excited to put my focus onto something else for the rest of the year: learning about solar and wind power for our property/straw bale house constructions/desert gardening. There are LOTS of other fun things to focus on!

In the meantime, I’m going to really enjoy my running and biking. I’ll stay on track for training for a 10K-I’m going to miss the one I really wanted to do at the first of May, but I’d like to take in the Chunky Monkey in July in Albuquerque.

Lastly, it looks like our son has tumors on 2 of his 4 parathyroid glands. (From past radiation treatment as a child.) These types of tumors are almost always benign, but they must be removed. I canceled my plane tickets and rescheduled so that I could be with him for his scans next Monday to see if they are cancerous or no. He’ll have to have surgery to remove them either way, and then his thyroid will function normally. Obviously, our prayers are that they aren’t cancerous. He’ll have a day surgery later this month to remove them and hopefully that will be that.

It’s nice to be home. I hope you all are well!


About Fit Living Daily

I love healthy living! I've been married for 35 years and have 2 grown children, one in Albuquerque, NM and one in Washington state. We are currently living in Washington for my husband's job---until he FINALLY retires, but our house is in Albuquerque.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Back home again for a week

  1. Jennifer says:

    I have a cousin that used to own a fence company and he swore to me that it was the hardest work he has ever done. Definitely no need for the boring type of exercise when you’re working hard like that!

  2. You’ve been missed! I hope everything turns out ok with your son – I’ll be thinking about you. Hugs, Laura

Say Hi!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s