It doesn’t snow often in Albuquerque, but it did this week. It’s supposed to be in the upper 40’s today so I’m hoping the sun will take care of the rest of the snow which is still blanketing the ground. It’s messing with my walking plans!
I’m going to start something new. I’m NOT going to post my weight until Sunday, because I meant it when I said I’m going to focus less on my weight and more on my activities, my exercise and the wonderful way my life is changing because of the way I’m eating and because of my increased activity. What I am going to do, is: Every Saturday, I’m going to reflect on all of the things I was able to do, to enjoy, BECAUSE I’m on this weight loss journey. I think it’ll be a great tool for me in my journey, looking back as a reminder of what has happened before I weigh myself on Sunday morning. Because I really want my mind to grasp that I mean business. The pounds lost are simply a side effect of my new, fit lifestyle. A NEW, FIT LIFESTYLE.
I DO weigh myself every day so I am aware of what’s going on. In making the decision to shift my mindset away from anger and frustration over what the scale is doing, and how slowly it seems to be moving downward, I feel as if I’ve set myself FREE. All of a sudden, a one pound loss each week is totally ok with me because I also get all of the wonderful benefits that come along as sisters to that one pound: adventures to go on, friends to go out with, new forms of exercise to try, new and smaller clothes to buy. I love the mind picture I hold now: That, accompanying a “small” loss of one or two pounds a week are things like this:
This week, because of my new fit lifestyle:
1. I went to lunch with friends and felt better in my skin, more comfortable and confident.
2. I got my hair cut into a little bit of a shorter style, so at least it HAS a style now. (pic tomorrow)
3. I found that I’m now walking about 2 1/2 hours a day, most days (up from 10 minutes in Dec.)
4. I discovered I have a pile of exercise dvd’s and have had FUN working out to some. Power90, Slim in 6, Walk Away The Pounds, several Yoga. I ordered 30 Day Shred. Most of them are far too hard for me but I can do parts of them, and have fun with the variety! And it IS fun!
5. I’m meeting amazing people over on Blog To Lose, and getting and giving such heart felt support.
6. I ordered a Sportsband from Nike so I can do Nike+ tracking online for my RUNNING! Yes, I started an easy, walk to run program and am simply incorporating it into my walking for each day. I can now run 4 minutes, spaced 5 minutes apart, within my 72 minute walk. That’s really big for me. I loved running more than anything I’ve ever done, 10 years ago. More than anything in life. To get back to running even in part, would be a huge blessing for me.
7. My clothes are really getting big on me. I can see a difference in the mirror and my confidence is starting to really pick up!
8. I started a sister blog called “Cooking For Fit Living” so I could have someplace to explore my love of healthy cooking!
9. I found 100% whole wheat tortillas and english muffins and am swearing off white flour. Yay for new education and better eating experiences!
With all of these things in mind, I can see that it’s been an exciting, amazing, miraculous week, and I am a better person for it. So, weigh in…whatever you have for me tomorrow, I’m grateful for the loss and am grateful for living this week in a new, more confident and hopeful path.